Sunday, April 3, 2011

Not Quite April 1st BUT !

Hi there ladies and germs :0)
So I got out with all the completed upgrades to my DRZ400S today and thought you all deserved an image to enjoy.
I had four hours and did a fare amount of dirt but one has to be extremely careful this early in the season, in most shaded areas there is still ice under a skim of slick mud etc.
Stay in 3 or 2nd gear on corners and at most 4 where you can see dry ground on the straight sections and be real steady on the throttle, too much in either direction can change you into a muddy painful mess in the twinkling of an eye.

With all that said I managed to squeak in a stack of pancakes and pot of tea for lunch a change to lighter gloves ( it was only + 3 C when I left home) and take of a layer which is why I have a backpack, this bike is light on storage places.
Oh and did I mention it was wall to wall sunshine, cant think of a nicer way to spend a Sunday this time of year.
Now I must get ready for my North Carolina Kite Surfing Holiday and while I am there you may get another post with different images and enough text to make you wish you were playing hooky too.

Next time folks :-))

No comments: